21/10/2010

Nesting (rant) / ode to boyfriend

I have a severe nesting urge, they seem to come on really late at night, stopping me from sleeping. Right now I am writing on the laptop researching furniture shops, rare tiles, how to do up my kitchen with the minimum of money, whilst my beloved gently snores the night away...

This is all rather silly as I don't even have my 'own kitchen' as of yet. For reasons I cant be bothered going into, me and my partner are still yet to move into our family house, this leaves me with a million things to do in preparation for the child but the catch is I can't do any of it at present. This leaves me feeling stressed out, unhappy, and very very guilty, also a bit of a chore to live with!
Because our current situation has left me unable to prosper with the physical side of nesting, I have been comforting myself nesting 'virtually'. This means spending a lot of time on websites, advice forums which soon gathers lists of new things to do, more things to think about, figuring out how the new house is going to be, restoring old frames, listing design ideas, buying second hand furniture, figuring out how we will make the new place (where-ever-it-will-bloody-be) our own, this makes me feel incredibly silly as we are yet to know what address we will be living at ...damn evolution!

Desperately do I want to assemble the cot, hang up the baby clothes and plug in the baby monitor, but it would all be quite futile (unless I were to be premature, eak).

Richard and I are still at our flat, surrounded by stuff we have accumulated for the house move and child, we are quickly running out of space... I am running out of time but yet, I just can't wait until this is all over!

I am quite big now, can never get comfortable, hurts to walk, hurts to stand, hurts to sit up, can't tie my own shoes, or get my own tights off and of course, I pee all the time. We were told the baby's head is engaged and has been for a couple of weeks now, wondering if deployment is coming sooner rather than later... Either way has pros and cons. - Thank god mother in law got us the moses basket just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment