01/06/2010

15 weeks update!

Photobucket
So, 15 weeks and 3 days have passed.
I have just got back from the hospital filling all my forms, ticking numerous boxes and giving out samples of different fluids. It's all very exciting, not to mention I can, for once have a night off without thinking the worst.

At around 13 weeks my hyperemesis started to fade and it has been getting better (slowly but surely) day by day. Some other symptoms have started to become a bit of a pain though, for instance I keep fainting, especially in shops/supermarkets. And as I have previously mentioned without an obvious bump people treat you differently, for instance the last time I fainted the security guard assumed it was because I had been drinking (it was a hot day and everyone was picnicing and that sort of thing). He radioed for an ambulance and another guard from the Arndale precinct, causing a massive scene in front of all the people at the checkout. Very embarrassing. Took me a while just to explain to the poor fellow that this happened frequently to pregnant women (and that no, I was not drunk).

Headaches! Migraines! Mood swings! Three things I do not need more of in my life, but hey, it's better than throwing up 99% of the time. I find a dark quiet room and a 20 minute lie-down can cure a lot of aliments. Just as well really as I won't be taking any over the counter medication for a long while!

Richard/boyfriend/partner/'the other one' has become a lot more excited now he has seen the baby move, I do think men usually need to see it to believe it. Saying that, I know there's a thing growing inside me as I am the one peeing 5 times a night and throwing up my favourite meals!
We're making scary 'life plans' telling parents and generally being really proactive. This is great as my sickness/fatigue is starting to fade just as the sunshine is coming out.

Things feel much more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment