11/04/2010

Introduction

My name is April and at this point I am 7.5 weeks pregnant.
I wanted to make a blog documenting the process (if not just for my own amusement) I want to have a place where I can bring all my research together, I hope to cut through all of the information given to pregnant women and caring partners bring just the facts ma'am, whilst hopefully and simultaneously discovering and highlighting tips on the way!

Photobucket

I am 22 years old, me partner (Richard, 24) have never had a child, we live in Manchester, United Kingdom. Neither of us are in full-time work as I am an Art student in my final year and Richard is currently between two courses.

Photobucket

For obvious reasons we are worried about what's lies ahead. Money woes, loss of a social life, discomfort, and then even the idea of bringing in our own little life; we worry about our own abilities of becoming parents whilst hoping to maintain a high quality of life for our new arrival.

Are all these horror stories about labour true? - Is it merely over exaggerated secondary source material that makes women like myself fearful...Probably not, eh ladies? But here's hoping that's the case!

I hope to find out more about each anxiety that pregnancy brings and offer the facts ma'am. Or rather, my interpretation of them.

I hope you enjoy, April (and Richard)

No comments:

Post a Comment